iNsaNe iNteNsity Wrestling
Welcome to the *OFFICIAL* IIW forum! Please login/register to the forum.
Welcome to the *OFFICIAL* IIW forum! Please login/register to the forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The IIW forum, a TWG Federation

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the IIW Forum. Please post your gimmick, picture, entrance music and if you have any, merchandise. If you have done all of the above, feel free to go and chat or RP!
TWG Time
Top posters
emo_vt (111)
Rookie Mistakes I_vote_lcapRookie Mistakes I_voting_barRookie Mistakes I_vote_rcap 
Tracy Jordan (110)
Rookie Mistakes I_vote_lcapRookie Mistakes I_voting_barRookie Mistakes I_vote_rcap 
Mike The Greek (99)
GM Coulrophobia (87)
El Blaze (74)
VGM Speedy Weedy (55)
Spartan Legend (49)
CJ Styles (40)
El Cholo (37)
Andrew Anderson (35)
Latest topics
» PPV Names I Have Thought Of
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 am by El Blaze

» Spartan Legend - Tshirt - Merchandise
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 pm by emo_vt

» shanks theme
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 pm by emo_vt

» fed cards
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:56 pm by VGM Speedy Weedy

» IIW Animation (Made By Spartan Legend - Graphics Manager/IIW Wrestler)
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:58 am by Spartan Legend

» Iberian Wolf pic
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm by Iberian Wolf

» Greetings
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:57 am by stevie

» IIW Background, ManiacTeleTUbby made it :)
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:01 pm by ManiacTeleTubby

» Spartan Legend Pics
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm by Spartan Legend

» The Scandalous Pics
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 am by Scandalous

» Memmeths gimmick
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:41 am by Sonny Tyson

» Official Merchandise Thread
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 am by Spartan Legend

» Sam Stone's Bio/Gimmick
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm by Sam The Demolisher Stone

» Spartan Legend's Gimmick
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:46 pm by emo_vt

» Mr. Crowley
Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm by emo_vt

Show Times
Major Show Time:
Saturday 22:30

Minor Show Time:
Tuesday 20:30
Forum
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Rookie Mistakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GM Coulrophobia
Probably one of the GMs/VGMs at this stage..
Probably one of the GMs/VGMs at this stage..

Wrestler Info
Class: Speed
Level: 16-20
Wrestler Score(WS): 50,001 and over

Rookie Mistakes Empty
PostSubject: Rookie Mistakes   Rookie Mistakes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:46 am

Today's Topic: Mistakes that are often overlooked.

Rookie mistakes. We all make them from time to time.
Just pointing out a few things that can make or break an RP.

*Punctuation and Capitalization: As a rule this is no big deal. The problem is, if it ever becomes a deal, it will be a GIGANTIC one. Not only is it necessary to have periods and commas to break up your sentences, you must place them in the correct place (where you intend to put them, rather) so that you portray what you see in your head accurately. And then proper nouns (discounting names that are lowercase BY CHOICE OF THE USER) are GREATLY appreciated.

*Know Your Role: When writing an RP, PLAN FIRST. Not "writing an essay" plan, but "one step ahead in my thoughts" plan. Before you type any sentence, have a general road map, so that you don't have (overly) scattered dialog. Unless of course your character has broken thoughts. But then you would have PLANNED the thought pattern. See? But know your
purpose before you put pen to paper. Are you trying to start a feud?Are you instigating in a current feud? Are you creating heat for someone else's feud? Are you picking on the friends of your enemy? Are you aiming for a title shot? Do you simply wanna be loved? Just go
though a checklist of things you want to handle in your RP.

AND THE NUMBER ONE RULE (of this lesson...):

*ALWAYS DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER: Whenever you place your character in anything, you want to generate as much heat as deemed appropriate towards your character. First stay true to your gimmick. You have already set a basis of your wrestler, so use it. Secondly, constantly develop your character. As the game evolves, so must your character. You could simply define what is already in motion, or you could create another dimension to you. Finally, do not shoot yourself in the foot. Stay true to the direction of the evolution. You never want to look bad in your own promo. DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH BEING THE LESSER WRESTLER. In some instances, you must fall short to gain positive heat. If your character is a coward, have him get punked around a bit (just a bit, you don't
want to look like a "pregnant dog.") If you are a goody-too-shoes, have a moral conflict that ends with a chair in your forehead. Or try this one: cut a promo that INVOLVES you, but does not FEATURE you. Just have an interview in passing or a convo backstage or something. Seriously, there is no reason that you have to be in the limelight to gain positive heat. In a matter of fact, in many instances, spotlight lessens the impact *cough *John Cena* cough* Sometimes it's good to wait your turn, so that when you step in, the readers (and we actually
have some!) may want to push you some more (*cough *Edge's First Money In The Bank* cough*) mainly because you have something to offer (or so you lead them to believe so, and the illusion is all that matters...)
Back to top Go down
https://iiw-twg.forumotion.com

Rookie Mistakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
iNsaNe iNteNsity Wrestling :: Roleplays :: RP School-
Jump to: